April 6, 2012

In the Spirit of Sacrifice

I decided, after a brief moment of consideration, that I won't be giving up bread for Passover this year. Go ahead, judge me.

But in the spirit of sacrifice, here's what I will be giving up this weekend:
  • Movie night
  • A friend's birthday dinner
  • A reunion with my best friends from high school (we've been trying to coordinate this for two years)
  • Passover dinner with my family (my only living grandparent, who I don't see often enough, will be in attendance)
  • My own half birthday
Instead, I will spend the majority of my weekend sitting alone in a conference room reading an incredibly boring book.

Considering this would have been my first weekend of freedom (had I not failed that damn test), I'd like to thank the universe for kicking me in the teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment