April 13, 2012

Finding Worth in the Worthless

Isn't it interesting when something you've written off as worthless finally proves its worth?

I've always been hard on myself for my inability to live in the present. My mental time machine flits between the past and the future, occasionally making a stop in the present to make sure everything is copasetic, but never staying for long. I guess you could say my mind is the husband that's always traveling for work, leaving my body in the present time to fend for itself.

But today, as I was attempting to nap between study sessions (yeah right), I realized that my tendency to transport myself to other times and places is the thing that has kept me sane for the last six months.

And that's definitely worth something.


















"Time machine, take me back to that rainy day last winter - the one with the warm fireplace and fleece blankets and hot chocolate. Aah, wonderful. This is the place."

No comments:

Post a Comment