April 4, 2012

Breaking News: Near Freudian Slip Results in New Work Rule

New Rule: No talking at work after 5 pm.

Why? Because tired people make sloppy mistakes.

I've been told that the volume of my voice increases measurably when I'm excited about something. I can't say that I disagree.

This evening, at approximately 5:20 pm, I was chatting with a coworker when the topic shifted to the subject of sweets. Sweets are probably my favorite thing....ever (chocolate sweets, in particular), so I was pretty much yelling in excitement at that point.

My plan was to say something was covered in chocolate, but my garbled, exhausted brain changed it to "chovered in co...." (do you see where this is going?). I don't think my coworker noticed what I'd almost said until I began giggling uncontrollably (because I am the most mature person on the planet). Neither of us could stop laughing for a very long time. Luckily the manager who happened to be walking by when the event occurred is the most oblivious person on the planet and had no idea what was going on. But still, I don't want this to become a trend, especially since I'm going out to see clients now (power suits and Freudian slips don't mix well).

Freud would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment