March 8, 2012

It happened

A wise man once said:
"Do not check your test score at work
unless you are prepared to find out your test score at work"
Actually, a wise man didn't say that. I said that. Because I did it, only to discover that I was two points shy of passing. Two points. TWO. And then I had to sit at work for nine more hours.

It happened - my biggest fear - and I'm still alive. I didn't cry, though I got a bit misty when I received a 'you tried your best and I'm proud of you' text from my mom. That's the scariest part of this all- what if my best isn't enough? I have friends/coworkers who have failed 4 or 5 tests already, and now that my cloak of invincibility is off (and I can no longer be one of the 10% that passes all 4 tests on the first try), I'm worried that this could be my future too.

But, as always, I refuse to go down without a fight. I'm going to study with vengeance for my next test, and I'm even referring to the re-take a "rematch" instead of the F-word (fail, for those of you who need things spelled out). Unfortunately, this rematch will cost me $250.

And finally (mostly for my own sake), and inspirational picture, because everything bad will eventually end.























**And a special shout out to my family and friends, who have been super supportive through this whole process. My sister is currently driving all the way across LA in rush hour traffic to take me to dinner. That's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment