February 21, 2012

Unless.

This past weekend, for the first time in a while, I watched a bit of background TV while studying. During a commercial break, I saw a preview for The Lorax Movie (based on the Dr. Seuss book). Up until that point, I had totally forgotten that the book was being made into a movie. I read that book many many times when I was little, and even though I was young and naive, I still realized that there was a deeper message (not that I knew what it was, per se)

Fun fact: though I'm pretty anti-tattoo (not anti, but I don't think I'd ever be able to pinpoint an image or phrase that I'd want to have on me forever, no less a location), the word Unless was pretty damn close at one point. It says a lot, without saying much at all (much like myself?).

Anyway, I'm kind of excited to see the movie, but also a bit apprehensive to see it interpreted into film. Either way, I love the imagery. And truffula trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment