February 17, 2012

Somthing to make the light at the end of the tunnel shine a bit brighter

Somewhere in the archives of this blog, there is an entry about the concept of becoming 'away sick.' Think home sick, but reversed. My inner nomad gets away sick pretty often.

For the last 6-ish months, I'd been so busy between work and cramming for tests that just the thought of traveling was exhausting (actually traveling - forget it). But now that I've officially scheduled my last test, I've been giving some thought to what I'm going to do with my life once I have leisure time at my discretion.

A co-worker friend and I were bouncing ideas around during a study session, and the subject of music festivals came up. In general, I'm a fan of music of almost any and every variety (but please don't force country music upon me or I will become angry sorry Hoover House roommates), so a long weekend of nothing but live music is somewhat of a dream.

After realizing that sold-out Coachella tickets might be hard to come by (I've dubbed the term Poach-ella to mean waiting to pounce on someone's tickets when they sell them at the last minute, but then you have to deal with insane prices and camping logistics. I spend a good deal of my life worrying about logistics, but I try to keep my worrying and my traveling in separate spheres).

Then we remembered Sasquatch - the hip cousin of Coachella located up in Washington (State of, not DC), and co-worker friend remembered that she has a friend at U-Dub (University of Washington, to those of you not in the know) that she's been promising to visit.

So a few dollars later (give or take a lot of dollars),
I'm taking a (musical) vacation
!
I'm thinking this is just the ticket (pun intended) to cure my away sickness and motivate me to study my brains out (ie. not fail my remaining tests).
































And look - I'm even featured on the festival poster. I'm so honored!

1 comment:

  1. how did you get on the poster, lucky girl? enjoy the festival.

    ReplyDelete