July 15, 2011

Car-ma

The 405 freeway is closing this weekend, and the city is freaking out. What have we done to deserve such a horrible fate? We have been robbed of our entitlements and modern conveniences! How dare they!

Personally, I welcome the challenge. I like the convenience of hopping into my car and getting places quickly as much as the next person (relatively speaking....c'mon, it's LA), but this weekend will hopefully confirm that I don't NEED my car to survive. Hell, people survived for thousands of years without cars. Plus, it's an excuse to NOT go anywhere or do anything.

Maybe if I'm feeling bold, I'll turn off my phone too. So primitive!

So cheers to carmageddon. A lazy weekend is just what the doctor ordered.


PS - those of you in my inner circle already know that I have a weird obsession/fascination with freeway overpasses. This photo was a natural choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment