July 30, 2012

I Don't Recall...

Today, my work calendar informed me that tomorrow is the last day of July, meaning this year is well beyond half way over. First of all, kind of sad that my calendar has to remind me what day (/month.../year) it is, but also, August? Really?

I'm currently racking my brain trying to think of what I've done in the last seven months, and sadly, not much stands out (Sasquatch, and.....laundry?).

As a working person, it's easy to fall into the rut of: work yourself into the ground all week, and spend the weekend running all the errands you were too tired to run during the week, but otherwise being lazy and doing nothing to compensate for the exhausting workweek/prepare for the upcoming week. Unfortunately, this living pattern doesn't produce any sort of memorable events, which is why I can't put my finger on what I've been doing all year.

My hope for the final 5 months of the year (and probably the rest of my roaring...awkward...20s), is to incorporate a few activities into my weekends that I'll actually remember when I look back on the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment