June 8, 2012

Online Dating?

I haven't tried it, but I've heard quite a few complaints from people who have. Finding a roommate via Craigslist is starting to feel like a bad online dating situation. Features include:
  • Messages with exceptionally bad grammar/spelling
  • Awkward phone number exchanges, often accompanied by the suggestion of a pre meet-up phone conversation (note: I am somewhat terrified of talking on the phone with people I don't know and try to avoid it whenever possible)
  • Flakes - people either stop responding to your emails without warning, or don't show up to see the apartment at the mutually agreed-upon time
  • Talking about living together with someone who is essentially a stranger
...and still no roommate. I just re-listed my apartment for the third (and hopefully last) time.

Also, even though I specified in my ad that I am a female, at least 90% of the responses I've received have been from men. They're probably serial killers.

No comments:

Post a Comment