June 25, 2012

Change is Gonna Come

One Saturday afternoon during college, I was volunteering at an event (the details are unimportant), when the very wise man in charge said to all the volunteers "The only thing in life that is constant is change." So simple, yet I'd never thought of it before.

Though armed with his worldly advice,  I still struggle with the application of the principle. Change scares me, even when I know the outcome will be an improvement over the current situation. And of course, since I am me, I think of what could potentially go wrong in every possible scenario, which never helps (when will I learn?).

I start moving into my new apartment on Friday. Saying goodbye to the only apartment I've lived in in LA will be weird. Remembering to drive to my new place instead of the old one will take a conscious effort, especially at the end of a long work day when I'm usually in auto-pilot.


1 comment:

  1. Sure, you'll feel like a fish out of water at first, but your new digs will soon be familiar.

    ReplyDelete