June 28, 2012

...And the 'Not-A-Team-Player' Award goes to...

I used to play a lot of team sports when I was younger.  I distinctly remember in elementary school, while learning about the processes and functions of the body, thinking to myself, "this seems a lot like teamwork."

Maybe it's because I stopped playing team sports, but I've noticed in my old age that the team isn't working together like it used to. I'd like to officially announce my team's non-MVP: my digestive system. When faced with any level or stress or adversity, my digestive system is always the first one to throw in the towel and scream "Fuck this shit - I'm outta here!"

This likely explains why oatmeal was the only solid food I could eat for the two weeks leading up to my first CPA exam. And this week, probably because of my upcoming move, every meal has been followed by and hour or two (or all night) of wondering when my digestive system is going to stop bitching and do its job.

So please, do your job. 




No comments:

Post a Comment