May 18, 2012

Four score and one year ago

Exactly one year ago was a momentous day. I woke up, saw a crazy, swollen, peeling alien face staring back at me in the mirror, went to the doctor, got a shot in my butt, and spent the day drugged up with vaseline and bags of ice on my face.

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that I graduated from college that evening.

It took 90 minutes of skillful makeup application to salvage my poor face (and the Oscar for best makeup artist goes to me - for my own face!)  I still think I looked pretty scary close-up (think of a shedding snake), but somehow managed to get a few decent pictures.

My sister told me I would look back on this day and laugh. One year later, I'll admit I cracked a smile. Maybe next year I'll finally laugh, just because something like this would happen to me.



1 comment:

  1. I also told you that you'd be glad I insisted on taking some pictures!

    ReplyDelete