August 18, 2011

Trauma Averted

Today was supposed to be Birthday Cake Thursday.

BCT happens once a month at the office to celebrate the birthdays of everyone born that month. It consists of six different Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes in various flavors (and the break from work that goes with it).

The festivities were scheduled for 3pm today. Because I am me, I was counting on BCT to be the highlight of my work week.

At 2:45 pm, the office received a mass email that the Baskin Robbins employee in charge of our cake order had gone on vacation and not told anyone else about the order. So no cakes were made. Instead, there were two very small containers of unwashed grapes and strawberries.

So what did I do? I came home from work and concocted a mint cookie crunch/brownie/chocolate banana split. For dinner.

Philosophical tid-bit of the day: When life hands you strawberries and grapes...make a banana split.




No comments:

Post a Comment