August 8, 2011

Music School


There are two schools of music:

1. Songs that you don't really care for at first. Maybe it's a sound you aren't used to. Over time, you grow to like it. Over more time, you grow to like it a lot. Occasionally, when you hear the song, you think about the fact that you used to not like it and wonder what was wrong with you back then.

2. Songs that you love immdiately- no questions asked. Upon first listen, you stop dead in your tracks and say to yourself (either aloud or not, depending on where you are), 'holy shit, this song is amazing!' Then you listen to it 4 or 5 more times, just to make sure your ears aren't deceiving you.

I just got #2'd.
Location: stationary bike (yes, I do occasionally cheat on the elliptical)
Time: approximately 9pm

I am very sad that this song is too new to be on the radio and I don't have an ipod plug-in because loud music+driving=my nirvana.



No comments:

Post a Comment