August 9, 2011

Editor-in-Chief

You may have noticed that this blog never goes into detail about my day-to-day life. This is no accident.

As a kid, my mom used to pick me up from school. Every afternoon, she'd ask me, "what did you do in school today?" I always had one of two answers:
  1. "Stuff."
  2. "Nothing."
I don't think she had much time to be bothered by my response (or lack thereof), because one of my sisters would always capitalize on the moment of silence and began a lengthy explanation of her day that lasted well beyond the ride home.

. . .


In fact, 'nothing' or 'stuff' was my answer to a lot of questions when I was a kid. My mom joked that I should write for Vague Magazine (a take-off on Vogue- I was quite the fashion plate back in the day).

Now that I'm (relatively) grown up, this blog is my Vague Magazine, but I'm not just a writer. I'm the editor-in-chief. My posts are centered around ideas and theories rather than specific events. Notice that, while I go into detail, I never go into detail (example: the previous post. I've already been asked what song I was talking about, but I think that's beside the point).

A friend and reader whose opinion I value once thanked me for creating a blog that isn't weighed down by details. Ironically, in most aspects of my life, I'm extremely detail-oriented. Just not here.

So readers, I hope you vaguely enjoy reading about the world inside my head.

Sincerely,

The Editor-In-Chief

No comments:

Post a Comment