September 10, 2010

Just Kidding--In a Good Way

I just remembered that my roommate said I could use her laptop for the weekend (she went home for Rosh--a better Jew than I).

I am in a good mood. Earlier, I was wondering how I could possibly be in a good mood considering the death of my laptop, but there's more to life than Facebook and iTunes (I'll let you know what that is when I figure it out), and other than that I've had a pretty good week.

Last night was the official kick-off of recruitment (like for real, full-time jobs). I was dreading it a little because I'm still bitter from last year, but this year is a new year and I need to get over my old grudges. Before the firms presented, myself and the rest of the Accounting Society Board gave a presentation to the younger/non board member students about the recruiting process. I do know a fair amount about it, even though it didn't work out in my favor last year. Afterward, the woman in charge said I did a really good job on the slides I presented (what to wear and interview prep tips). I've always been good with public speaking, but still, it's nice to get a compliment from someone who could have easily said nothing. Today, I was forwarded an email from the dean of the Accounting School praising the board for our "wonderful, informative" presentation. If all else fails, maybe I'll become a motivational speaker. Or not.

Earlier today I went swimming with two of my roommates in the school pool. It was built two years ago, but I'd never been in until today. I liked swimming laps, and the three of us might make a weekly thing of it. It's hard to be stressed when you're swimming.

I got all my weekend errands out of the way this morning. Now I can focus on my homework, or, God forbid, enjoy myself. The only errand I have left is a package that I need to mail. I couldn't remember if the Post Office closed at 3 on Fridays, so instead I took a shower and now I'm blogging.

I'm all cought up on my homework from this past week. I think since my labor day weekend was so aweome, I was more efficient afterward. Of course, I still have a lot to do, but I won't let it bring my mood down. Yay Friday! Yay roommate's laptop. Yay life.

No comments:

Post a Comment