June 22, 2010

Weird Dreams

I've been having weird dreams lately. I usually don't remember them, but I have a theory that one is more likely to remember their dreams when they get adequate sleep (which doesn't happen during the school year but is happening now). I think it's been proven...something about not disrupting the REM cycle. 

Anyway, the weird thing about my dreams is how un-weird they are. When I wake up, I can't remember if the dream was in fact a dream or an occurrence from the previous day. 

For example: Last Sunday, my grandpa came over for a barbecue. I was a little confused why we were having a barbecue because my mom had told me that my Grandpa didn't eat meat anymore. It wasn't an absurd idea--my grandpa has some health issues--but I couldn't remember if the conversation actually happened. So I asked my mom, and she confirmed that no such conversation took place. My grandpa still eats meat.

I've always been interested in dream interpretations (nothing ridiculous or far-fetched, just basics), but these are so...mundane. And the meat statement was just one example. Every night I have a dream in which I am talking to someone I know (and they actually look like them, which is also unusual for dreams), and they make a rather unremarkable statement or two.

Not earth-shattering stuff, but I hope it doesn't lead to any foot-in-mouth situations. Or insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment