June 9, 2010

I am bored.
That is not to say I have nothing to do. I have a book to read, unpacking to do, errands to run-- but I'm still bored.

Yesterday, for lack of a better thing to do (I'd already searched the Craigslist job postings), I Googled boredom. According to some psychologist, true boredom has nothing to do with how busy you are. It is the existential state of being dissatisfied with one's life. No shit.

So for now, I'm stuck in my house, listening to my sister's awful iTunes mixes (classical, bad 90s pop, and old Madonna?) and trying to find some way to be less dissatisfied (ie. more satisfied) with life. A job would be nice. I'm waiting on 5 employers to respond.

My mom suggested, since we are both not working, that we make and sell crafty things, but in this economy I don't know...I found out my favorite (and last surviving) scrapbooking store is closing next month because people don't have the time or money to scrapbook anymore. So I don't know if anyone will want our cutes-y crafts either.

No comments:

Post a Comment