September 16, 2013

The Mondays

Dear thief,

Today, for the first time in 2+ years of my employed adult life, I brought a real, home-cooked meal for lunch. It was a chicken, chickpea and rice curry that I'd cooked for dinner (for those of you who don't know me- it's extremely rare for me to prepare a meal that isn't made in a microwave and takes more than 5 minutes total). Mid-morning, a co-worker asked if I wanted to order food from a restaurant. I declined, because I had a delicious lunch waiting for me in the fridge.  When lunchtime arrived, I went to the fridge, and my lunch wasn't there. I checked both refrigerators, both freezers, the counter, my desk, my car.  No plastic bag, no tupperware, NO FOOD.

Now, I could almost understand how you might accidentally eat someone else's food ordered from a restaurant, if you had ordered food from that same restaurant and also left it in the fridge, but a home-cooked meal?? You knew damn well that you were eating someone else's food and didn't care. The email I sent to the whole department asking if anyone had 'seen my missing tupperware' (ie - who the fuck ate my lunch?), got many responses from people who had also had their lunches stolen. I ended up heating a frozen lasagna that was neither filling nor satisfying.

Hopefully, calling you out as a thief (whoever you are) will embarrass you enough to keep your paws off food that ain't yours, or at least keep the rest of the department alert enough to catch you in the act.  You ruined my lunch, and for that, you must pay!

Also, as I was leaving for the day, I picked up my water cup by the lid, which was not screwed on all the way, and spilled the entire cup all over myself and my chair and my files.  I headed home with water still dripping from my skirt and down my leg.

Happy Monday,

1 comment:

  1. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Leave another container (that looks just like the first one) in the fridge with any old food tossed in, and lace it with enough Ex Lax to give the thief the shits for a week.

    ReplyDelete