September 19, 2013

Shit is Getting Real (?)

Yesterday at work, a vague email was sent to the entire company announcing that there will be a meeting for everyone on Friday and/or Monday (there are time slots, since all 250 of us won't fit in any of the conference rooms).  In the 2 1/2ish years I've worked here, we've never had an all-company meeting.  Most announcements are made via email (retirements, new equity partners, moving to a different floor), so I have no idea what could be so important that we all need to be told in person.

Last night, my teammate and I were at a campus recruiting event with our partner, and took the opportunity to play a 'what is the meeting about?' game of 20 questions: [Are we moving? (no) Are we acquiring a new company? (no) Is a partner leaving and taking business away? (no) etc., etc., etc.]. We then asked if he even knew what the meeting was about (yes).

"Are you allowed to tell us?" I asked.

He hesitated..."No.  Probably not."

So....WHAT THE FUCK IS IT? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
My dad's theory is that we are either merging or being acquired by another company.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment