September 13, 2013

Sleepover

Last night, for the sake of doing something different, I decided to move my pillows and blankets next to my bed and sleep on the floor, sleepover style.  Needless to say, having a sleepover by myself in my own room was completely pointless (and my neck hurt this morning from sleeping on the floor).

Once I finished browsing the various websites I frequent, my final 'sleepover' activity was listening to the radio while trying not to fall asleep. Eventually, the music stopped and I fell asleep.

Next think I know, I am woken up in the middle of the the night to the sound of a brand new song I've been listening to blasting over the radio (it's a great song).  Surprised that the radio was still on (I thought I'd turned it off), and surprised that this brand new song was on the radio at 3am, I fumbled in the dark with the radio remote until I eventually found the off button.

This morning I pondered a few alternatives of what might have happened:

1) I fell asleep with the radio on, and after 3 hours of deep sleep, my brain recognized this particular song and woke me up to listen to it.

2) I turned the radio off before I fell asleep, and dreamed the whole thing.

3) I was having a sleepover by myself.  Obviously, I've lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment