June 28, 2013

If you're going to be a one-trick pony, make sure your trick is half-way interesting

Why is it that every time I see someone I haven't seen in a while, and they ask me what I've been up to, the only thing I can think to say is 'working?' Then they ask what else I've been doing, and I awkwardly can't think of anything, and then the subject gets changed.

I know I've been doing fun and interesting things on weekends, but they all get buried and forgotten under the piles of paper I push around all week.

So, to whoever is in charge of sending the memo informing the world that I have gotten old and boring, could you please copy me on this memo and/or give me an 'I Am Old and Boring' t-shirt or sign to wear on my forehead? I just want everyone to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment