January 30, 2012

Return of the King

I might not have mentioned this before, but I spent most of my senior year of high school with a Holden Caulfield-esque internal monologue running through my head. That was a pretty significant turning point in my life in terms of my view of the world and my place in it. I realized that I was a small part of something larger, and stopped worrying so much about trivial things.

Every so often, Holden makes an appearance (when I need him most) only to slunk off again. I started re-reading Catcher in the Rye this summer hoping to bring him back, but I guess that was too literal. No Holden.

When I woke up this morning, it quickly became apparent that Holden was back. I'm hoping this allows my upcoming posts reach the philosophical calibur achieved last summer and fall (though perhaps without special guest appearances from pain, sadness and existentialism).

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment