November 23, 2010

Gratitude

The theme of my leadership class this morning was gratitude in honor of Thanksgiving. Besides going around the room and sharing what we were thankful for (a fairly typical Thanksgivingy activity) one activity was particularly noteworthy.

The majority of the class was instructed to lie on the ground with their eyes closed, and a few class members stood over them. The facilitators read off questions, and the standers would walk around and tap all the people on the ground to whom it applied. (who is intelligent, who is a leader, who makes their parents proud...etc.). Then another group would stand and tap, until everyone had a chance.

For most of the questions, I didn't think people would tap me. But they did. A lot.


So besides the family/health/happiness that most people are thankful for, I'm thankful for others, and their ability to see the good qualities that I sometimes fail to see in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment