June 2, 2009

Revamped

Now that the class I created this blog for is over, I've decided to convert this bloggy into a travel blog. My laptop is coming on my trip with me, so I can update when I have free time.

Right now I'm still in the early packing phase, which means I am generally annoyed. I don't know how hot/cold it will be or what I'm going to want to wear in 5 weeks. PLUS, there's no way I'm going to get everything I want to bring into whichever poor innocent suitcase I elect to torture.

I think my horrible packing abilities stem from a past trauma. In 6th grade, when I went on my outdoor ed trip, I only brought the oldest, shittiest, flannel-est (not a word) clothes I owned because the weather in the mountains was (supposedly) cold, and my mom didn't want me to mess up nice clothes. It ended up being 80 degrees, and everyone else brought way nicer clothes. In 6th grade, things like that are a big deal. So now I must cope with my habitual over-packing/travel-slob-phobia.

I planned to brush up on my espanol after finals but before the trip, but I've been either at work or not in the mood. I'm crossing my fingers that my brain is spongy enough to learn (re-learn) fast. I would study now, but Conan is on with Tom Hanks, so that's non-negotiable.

Cuatro dias

No comments:

Post a Comment