April 19, 2013

Double Stuff

Pertaining to my previous post (and the continuing streak of Northeast creepiness), I can't imagine being a young child and trying to comprehend what is happening right now. Also, I can't imagine being a parent of a young child, trying to explain what is happening right now.  I'm struggling to find the balance between going about my daily life and processing these horrific current events.  Life goes on, but also, it doesn't.

Also, on a less heavy note, but perhaps to further explain why I'm in generally 'eh' spirits, I'm learning the weight that coworkers have in overall job satisfaction. Or, lack thereof. For nearly two years, I've sat in the same seat, next to the same teammate.  About two weeks ago, to accommodate for another department's expansion, my teammate was moved to a different space, and a new girl was moved into his former spot. In two weeks, the only verbal exchange I've had with this girl is her asking me (not nicely, mind you) to chew my gum with my mouth closed (for the record: I do).  Basically, she's a bitch, and I dread coming to work every day knowing that I'll have to spend 10 hours sitting next to (but not talking to) a person that I hate. The only reason I'm not looking for a new job is because my department is moving to a different floor in our building in a few months, and (HOPEFULLY), I'll be sitting with my team again. And not the gum-hater.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how did that upside-down thumbtack land on your co-worker's chair? Wink, wink

    ReplyDelete