October 8, 2011

Nostalgia?

Sorry it's been, like, forever since I've written anything. The part of my brain that has profound thoughts and ideas has been on vacation.

Today is my birthday. This evening, as I was eating dinner with friends, they asked if I tend to get nostalgic before or on my birthday, and at that moment, I realized that I don't. My nostalgia-time occurs on New Years Eve. I'm not sure why (a collective milestone for everyone at the same time?), but it's a lot easier to reflect upon a calendar year than the 365 days that occur between birthdays.

The only thing about getting older is that I have to remember to mentally update my age in my 'mental personal profile' so I don't accidentally tell them how old I used to be when they ask. Kind of like the first three months of a new year, I often write the previous year when I write the date.

Hmm. I will try to think more often so I can return to blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment